Monday, October 8, 2007

Thanksgiving Classic football



All CFL today, with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in Montreal to play the Alouettes and the Saskatchewan Roughriders in Calgary to play the Stampeders.

Montreal walked all over the Ticats. Cavillo never missed hitting his receivers, who walked through the Ticat defense like they were standing still.

I haven't been quiet about what I think about Casey Printers, and while my attitude hasn't changed, it has softened. I saw Printers laser the football and watched him scramble and run, so I understand that he has some measure of talent. More important, though, he has been humbled by his experience so far. His new-found humility gets him a few points in my book.

Just a few. I still hate the guy.

But the Alouettes, who exploded in the first half and looked to blow out the Ticats, fizzled in the second. Even so, the Ticats only ended up with one touchdown. The rest of their 19 points came from field goals. Printers ended his day 15 for 39, with two interceptions.
In Calgary, the Stampeders are clearly missing Henry Burris, as they dropped their third in a row.

Akili Smith started the game for the Stamps, and couldn't generate any offense at all. Ben Sankey came in in the third quarter and at least got some points on the board, including a great last-minute drive (which was pointless because the Riders were too far ahead).

Burris claims that he'll be ready to return for next week's game against the Blue Bombers, but that's an awfully quick return from a dislocated shoulder. Tough call for a coach to make, but I'd give him another week, unless my playoff chances were in jeopardy.

Come to think of it, they might be.


LUNCH: Well, yesterday was turkey day at my house, so today was - wait for it - turkey sandwiches!

No comments: