Friday, March 7, 2008

McAdams would like to be ‘Black Orchid’


Canadian actor Rachel McAdams has designs on playing the superhero Black Orchid. In particular, she told MTV Movies Blog that the reimagining of the character by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean is what she likes.

“I like all the Neil Gaiman stuff. It’s great,” she said.

She’s a great actress and has the subltety to really play the character that Gaiman and McKean created. She's also got the perfect look for the role, I think.

Over at his blog, Gaiman said that he’d “like to see that too. I didn't know what I was doing when I wrote Black Orchid, and it shows, but there's some dialogue I'm still really happy with, and a wilful attempt to avoid cliche that I'm still proud of. And Dave McKean created an entire school of realistic superhero art (one he's still apologising for). It was our first full-colour baby. I wish her luck.”

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: