Thursday, January 10, 2008

Internal Soundtrack: 1234


One of the best times to hear your internal soundtrack is early in the morning, right after you wake from sleep, because your mind hasn't yet become cluttered with the thoughts, the sounds, the images of the day.

This morning I woke to the strains of Feist and her single, "1234" from the album The Reminder.

I know Leslie from her days in Calgary with the garage-punk band Placebo (okay, "know" might be a bit of a stretch, but I did book the band for a gig way back when), and was thrilled to see how much fun she had performing this song on Saturday Night Live last fall.

Now she faces four Grammy Award nominations (which will be handed out on February 10): best female pop vocal, for "1234"; best new artist; best pop vocal album for The Reminder; best short form music video for "1234".

Grant Lawrence and the CBC Radio 3 gang awarded this song a Bucky Award for "song most likely to be a future classic."

I'll say. The album was released in April, and I still can't get it out of my head.

Are you a fan of Feist? Tell me in the comments.

No comments: