Thursday, January 17, 2008

What happened with Rock Band in Canada?


I should have realized something was going on when I didn't receive a review copy of Rock Band last November. But because there are so many games that end up in my mailbox at that time of year, I didn't, actually, even notice it was missing.

It wasn't until I was talking with some gamers over the holiday break that I realized something had really snafued the release of Rock Band into Canada.

It seems that MTV Games just couldn't make the games fast enough to meet demand. And, as is often the case, the Canadian market got shorted as a result.

My investigation into what happened was the focus of my video game column, "Trigger Happy," that publishes in the Georgia Straight. You can read the entire article here.

Despite the claims of many consumers who are angry at their local games store, the fact that Rock Band never appeared on time or in quantities to meet demand was not due to any error by the retailers.

No comments: